This summer the “staycation” vacation — sticking close to home — is sounding better than ever as we all take tentative steps towards opening up, post-lockdown.
A more controlled environment feels maybe just a little more appealing right now.
Whether staying home means taking home on-the-road, getting in a little day-tripping “R-and-R,” or staking a claim to your own patch of the backyard, porch, or fire escape; Tommy Bahama wants you to live the island life wherever you are.
Driven to Excitement
Are you longing for the open highway, majestic vistas, and a taste of adventure, but don’t want to wander too far from home? Trust Tommy Bahama to provide short-term escape in style.
- Since some of the richest treasures are within driving distance, how about taking home on the road? Tommy Bahama puts the recreation into recreational vehicle with the Airstream 2020 Interstate Nineteen Tommy Bahama Special Edition. It’s built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Next Generation chassis, and features island-inspired finishes inside and out.
- Pack the Airstream with your island life Tommy Bahama, but for a quick getaway, Guys, grab this Pineapple Palm Coast IslandZone® Polo and a pair of our IslandZone® Pants for comfort and easy-care.
- For women, pull on this Keira Isle Of Bliss Tunic and these Boracay Geo In A Bottle Cigarette Pants for a comfortable drive: both feature a cool cotton/Tencel blend; and the pants add a little stretch so you can bounce from the driver’s seat to any roadside attraction in style.
- If you’re in the neighborhood, stop by a Tommy Bahama restaurant. From Sandestin, Sarasota or Naples, Florida; to Palm Springs, Palm Desert and Newport Beach, CA, and lots of places in between, our restaurant and retail locations are open and offering the full Tommy Bahama relax and recharge experience. If you’d prefer to live the island life at home, the restaurants and Marlin Bars have a robust new take-out menu with all the fan favorites, new Family Meals Packs and where allowed, Cocktail Kits to enjoy wherever you’re headed.
Summer Vacation at Hand
Headed to a nearby beach, lake, or park for a change of scenery? Tommy Bahama already knows what you need to live the island life no matter where the day takes you.
- Our Embroidered Pearl Shift Dress makes a sophisticated beach or pool cover-up, thrown over our Rainbow Fronds Reversible One-Piece Swimsuit. It’s the perfect transition piece to wear when headed to that casual outdoor cafe for lunch.
- Cayman Isles Cargo 10-Inch Hybrid Board Shorts are men’s multi-tasking solution. Dive into the surf and the quick-dry poly/spandex fabric means you’ll be ready to grab supplies for your evening grilling activities in no time. Just throw on this Coconut Point Tropical Surf Camp Shirt for those stuffy “No Shirt/No Service” establishments.
- Be sure to keep some of our Hot Tropics Trio Snack Mix on hand to let your taste buds escape to paradise. With a trio of island flavors to choose from —Tropical Heats, Srira-Cha-Cha and Paradise Crunch – you’re sure to find a favorite flavor to remind you of your favorite tropical getaway.
- Provide the family with a little extra sun protection with our ever-popular Deluxe 7-foot Beach Umbrella, and make sure you have a Hibiscus Beach Blanket at the ready.
Be it Ever so Humble
There’s no place like home, and these days that’s a darn good thing. Tommy Bahama recognizes that vacation is a state of mind, even if vacation might get interrupted by a Zoom conference call.
- Be prepared to handle that teleconference with style in a Sea Glass Camp Shirt paired with our Boracay 10-Inch Chino Shorts (nobody needs to know your legs are bare). You’ll be able to slip right back out to the backyard with ease.
- Juggling career, kids, and downtime comes naturally to working moms, so throw on this Caicos Crinkle Off-The-Shoulder Dress for a comfortable working-from-home outfit that will keep you looking and feeling good, then throw on this Pompom Wide-Brim Hat when headed out in the sun.
- Our Tommy Bahama beach chairs go so much further than the beach! Pull one on like a backpack whether headed to the backyard, poolside or to the local park for dinner and music under the stars; stash a few refreshments in the insulated cooling pouch. And don’t forget good-looking eye protection when out in the sun – the Mavericks Aviator Style Sunglasses from Maui Jim (available at tommybahama.com) offer excellent protection from the wind, sun and glare and deliver superior UV protection.
- Once you’re back home — even if that means stepping through the window or just putting down your novel — bring out a Tommy Bahama Etched Fronds Cocktail Glass set to create a tropical tone; then shake up a few of these signature cocktail recipes from our Instagram page.
For more information, visit www.TommyBahama.com