Amerant, the largest community bank headquartered in Florida, will be taking a variety of measures to further support its customers during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Effective immediately and until further notice, these include:
• No Amerant ATM fees for current customers and the community as a whole
• Waive late payment fees on all consumer and business loans
• Waive customer fees for deposit accounts based on needs
• No negative reporting to credit bureaus for past due loan balances
• Expert small business counsel, along with education on available resources
• Customer loan payment assistance on an individualized basis
“As we strive to support both customers and the communities in which we operate, we are looking at how to best provide tangible, meaningful support,” said Millar Wilson, Vice Chairman and CEO of Amerant.
“Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people that have been affected by this unprecedented event. At Amerant, the health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority, and we are working to offer critical banking options as well as waiving hard fees during this global pandemic. We are in this together.”
Amerant has operated for over 40 years with 27 banking centers – 19 in South Florida, 8 in the Houston, Texas area, and loan production offices in Dallas and New York. The Company provides individuals and businesses in the U.S., as well as select international clients, with deposit, credit and wealth management services.